Saturday, February 24, 2007

Welcome - My personal background

Hello and welcome to my photography blog.

I'm a young amateur photography hobbyist (primarily in nature) and blogger. So I thought I'd love to combine the two, and make a show of my art for the interested public and my friends. As a child I was always told I had a knack for cameras, but then, it was just family photos and vacation snapshots. When I was 14 my family bought a small 3.1 megapixel point-and-shoot digital camera. That was when my interest took off, and I began taking many photos of flowers in my local area, and landscapes wherever I went. Last winter I bought a Digital SLR (a Pentax *ist DS to be exact) with the advice of a family friend, and the help of some birthday money. Since then I have become more and more serious in nature photography, and have a wide scope of work. I'll be posting my photos here with short blurbs about where I took it, what I was trying to do, and what it was like.

I am always welcome to (and appreciative of) comments, questions, and suggestions, just comment on the page.


-John

No comments: